Thursday 20 February 2014

Love and Sympathy

Hi all

I have had some really sad news today, a colleague's Brother in Law as diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago but last week they were informed that the chemo was killing him and it had to be stopped meaning that there was nothing else that could be done.  Sadly he lost his fight over the weekend.

So today's card is for all the colleagues to say how sorry they are and to offer their support to the family at this difficult time.


I have taken a square piece of white card stock and embossed it using the Die'sire Regency Swirls embossing folder.  This has then been layered onto dark brown Centura Pearl card.

Next I have taken a panel of tan Centura Pearl card and layered this onto the right hand side of the background, another panel in dark brown Centura Pearl has again been embossed using the Regency Swirls and a panel of yellow Centura Pearl which has also been embossed have been layered on top and to finish a small piece of tan Centura Pearl has been layered across.


I have then taken the Spellbinders A2 Tranquil Moments die and cut from the same dark brown Centura Pearl.  To this I have added the sentiment "Sending Love and Sympathy" which has been printed from my computer.

Using the Spellbinders D-Lites Blooms Three, I have cut from yellow Centura Pearl the two flower parts and from dark brown the centre of the flower.  These have been shaped, layered and placed to the side of the sentiment.


To finish the card, I have added yellow organza yellow with a bow and a button in the centre.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges - One Button, One Bow, One Flower
My Time To Craft! - Sympathy
Pile It On - Sentiment As The Focus
Creative Card Crew - Keep It Simple And Sweet
Crafty Creations Challenges - Keep It Simple

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment