Saturday 22 February 2014

Strawberries and Cream

Afternoon all

What a gorgeous day today, doesn't the sun being out make you want to spring clean the house, I feel like stripping all the curtains and washing them.

Today's card I have chosen an image with a strawberry theme.


I have started with a square piece of red card stock and embossed it using the Die'sire Regency Swirls embossing folder, this has then been layered onto a square piece of black card stock with a pierced edge.

Next I have taken a square piece of white vellum, randomly stamped a floral pattern with Perfect Medium and heat embossed using Wow Bright White Embossing Powder.  This has been layered onto the red card and each corner curled back and glued with a white flat back pearl added.

I have wrapped white lace from a local cake making shop around the background.


The digital stamp is from Sherri Baldy and I have coloured her using ProMarkers.  Using the Spellbinders Captivating Square, I have cut the largest out of the same red card stock as the background.  I have then mounted the digital stamp onto the die cut.  This has then been placed into the centre of the background.

For the flowers, I have used the Spellbinders D-Lites Blooms Three and from the red card stock, I have cut out the two main flower parts and the centre from black card stock.  These have been shaped and glue together.  The little roses have been made using the Crafty Cutter Dies Medium Rolled Flower from Crafty Sentiments Design.


To finish, I have added three small flat back pearls to each of the corners.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

My Besties UK Challenge - Your Berry Sweet
My Besties Aussie Challenge - Use of Colour, Black, Red, White
City Crafter Challenge Blog - Flowers And Lace
Hanna And Friends - Bingo (Pearls, Embossing, Lace)
Sweet 'n' Sassy Stamps - Delightful Backgrounds
Inky Chicks - Black White And Fave Colour
Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge Blog - Anything Goes + Option Make Your Own Flowers
The Crazy Challenge - Red And White
Digi Stamps 4 Joy - Use Dies Or Punches
Crafty Girls Challenges - Anything Goes
Craftitude - Anything Goes
Card Makin Mamas - Stack It Up

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment