Wednesday 30 April 2014

Live Every Moment

Good evening everyone

I thought I would change direction today and make something other then a card.  I have had a MDF heart shape in my stash for a while which I have never got round to using, so I decided to give it a try.

Please be gentle with me, this is my first attempt at using MDF.


I have started with a MDF heart shape which I purchased from MDF Man.  Onto this, I have glued a piece of patterned digital paper, cut around the shape and lightly sanded to neaten the edges.

Next, I have used a flourish stamp which I have picked up as a freebie from Cards And Papercraft magazine and stamped around the edge of the heart with Momento Bahama Blue.  I have then stamped around the edge again using the same stamp, but this time with Perfect Medium and heat embossed it with Wow Clear Glitter embossing powder.  To finish the background of the heart, I have brushed micra powder around the edge.


Using the Spellbinders Decorative Labels Twenty-Eight, I have cut out the second largest from blue card stock.  The same process as the background has been used around the edges of this shape.

Next, I have stamped a sentiment from the same freebie set using Memento Bahama Blue and cut this out using the Spellbinders Delightful Circles die set.  Soft colour has been added in the same Bahama Blue and for sparkle and shimmer, glitter embossing powder and micra powder have both been added around the edge.

The digital stamp is a freebie from Cuddlebug Cuties.  I have coloured her using ProMarkers, cut her out and layered her using Pinflair glue.


From green card stock, I have cut a tree using the new Spellbinders D-Lites Delightful Tree die.  I have then made three flowers using the Spellbinders D-Lites Blooms Three.  The small and large petals have been cut from blue card stock, shaped and layered together.  The centre has been cut from green card stock and a blue flat back pearl has been added.

To finish, glitter glue has been added to the flowers and a blue ribbon for hanging the heart up.

I am entering this into the following challenges:

Desert Islands Crafts Challenge - Recipe (Hearts, Pearls, Anything But A Card)
Cute Card Thursday - Blue And Green
Creative Knockouts - Anything Goes
Pile It On - Rubber Stamping
One Stitch At A Time - Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Inky Chicks - From The Heart

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment