Tuesday 22 April 2014

Red, White And Blue

Good evening all

A very quick card tonight just to help me relax after a very busy few days at work.  The colours are red, white and blue and it is a birthday card for a Granddaughter.


I have taken two different pieces of patterned digital paper and layered them onto red card stock leaving a small border around the outside.  Next I have drawn stitching around the outside of the background using a blue fine liner pen.  Red ribbon has also been wrapped around the centre of the background.


The digital stamp is from Sherri Baldy and I have coloured it using ProMarkers.  The image has been layered onto red card stock and matching stitching has been drawn around the outside.  To add a little sparkle, tiny blue gemstones have been placed in groups of three.


For the flowers I have used the Spellbinders D-Lites Blooms Three which have been cut from red card stock, shaped and layered.  A blue gemstones has been added to the centre of each flower.  I have also added leaves using the Heartfelt Creations Sweet Juliet die.

To finish off the flowers, some blue buds from Live And Love Crafts have also been added.


Lastly, using the Tattered Lace Family Sentiments die set, I have cut Granddaughter from red card stock and placed it in the top left hand corner of the card.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

As You Like It Challenge - Stitching (I love stitching on cards, but I do not and can not use a sewing machine, so faux stitching is my favourite)
Creative Knockouts - Furry Or Feathery Friends
The ABC Challenge - J Is For Just As You Like
Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Anything Goes

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

1 comment:

  1. This type of message always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content, so happy to find good place to many here in the post, the writing is just great, thanks for the post.
    blue gemstones

    ReplyDelete