Thursday 24 July 2014

Always & Forever

Good evening all

I have a very sad story today, a colleague from work came to me yesterday to ask it I could make a wedding card for her.  A friend of the family was in hospital terminally ill and had decided to give her husband one last memory of her love for him by re-newing their vows.

My colleague stressed that she wanted a card that was personal to them so we have added a photo of happier times to the front along with their names.


I have based the colour scheme on white and gold using Centura Pearl throughout.  With the background, I have added many layers including a pierced border and a glitter border.  The top layer has been embossed using a Spellbinders heart embossing folder.

The centre has been made using the Tonic Heart Vines Affections Die Set and I have added dimension by using Pinflair glue.  The photo has then been placed into the centre of the hearts.


The flowers have been made using the Heartfelt Creations Sun-Kissed Fleur stamp and die set.  I have stamped onto white vellum with Perfect Medium and heat embossed using Wow Opaque Bright White embossing powder.  Next, I have coloured the back of the flowers using ProMarkers and cut out them with the matching die.

Each petal has been shaped, layered and Glamour Dust added for that extra sparkle.  In the centre of each flower, I have used Pinflair glue and covered with the Glamour Dust to match the petals.


On opposite corners, I have layered leaves cut out using the Spellbinders D-Lites Corner Sprig die and placed the flower over these.

Finally, from my computer, I have printed out the sentiment "Always & Forever" and the couples name.  Then using the Spellbinders A2 Tranquil Moments die to cut them out and layer them onto match gold card.


I hope that this brings a little joy to their day and that it can be something that her husband can keep to remind him of the love they had for each other.

That's all for now.

Hugs
Teresa
x

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes
Eureka Stamps - Monochrome
Use Your Stuff - Layers
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Handmade Flowers
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
The Stamping Chef - Anything Goes
Inky Impressions Challenge Blog - No Designer Paper
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Sketch 'n' Dies - Sketch
Digi Design Challenge Blog - Dies And / Or Punches
Scrapbook Blessings Club - Anything Goes
My Craft Creations - Anything Goes
The Crazy Challenge - Die Cuts And Punches
The Sisterhood Of Crafters - Die Cuts And / Or Punches
Craft Girls Challenges - Anything Goes
My Heart Pieces Digital Stamp Challenges - Wedding Or Anniversary

No comments:

Post a Comment