Sunday 13 July 2014

Big Brother

Good evening all

Well it has been a while since I last posted.  I have had a very busy week with five colleagues off.  Four early mornings in a row (up at 4am) is something I haven't had to do since last year, so I have spent most of my time trying to catch up on sleep leaving no time for crafting.

Anyway, my friend gave birth to a beautiful baby boy on Thursday morning, weighing in at a healthy 7lb, so I am now busy making a congratulation card.  She has a two year son called Riley as well, so I thought that I would make him a big brother card to open so that he didn't feel left out.

The digital stamp is called Make It Snappy - My Brother My Friend from Bugaboo Digi Stamps and I have coloured it using ProMarkers.


I have printed off a square piece of patterned digital paper and mounted it onto blue card stock leaving a small border around the edge.  Next, I have printed off a smaller piece of digital paper, cut this into strips and also mounted onto blue card.


The digital image has been layered onto the same blue card and placed into the centre of the background using Pinflair glue to add dimension.


I have wrapped some blue twine around the base of the background before layering it onto the blank card.  Next, I have coloured some chipboard stars in red using ProMarkers and added these to the bottom corner of the image using Pinflair glue.


To finish, I have printed out the sentiment "Riley, the Big Brother", layered this onto blue card placed below the image, again using Pinflair glue.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes
Love To Create Challenge Blog - Clean And Layered
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Stars And Stripes
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
The Stamping Chef - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment