Wednesday 13 August 2014

Heartfelt Sympathy

Good evening all

What a mad couple of days.  On Sunday, the heavens decided to open for all of 30 minutes, but the damage caused has been unbelievable.  On my way to work, I was walking through puddles where the water was up to my knee.  Then when I got into work, the store was closed due to the rain flooding through the roof and half of the ceiling tiles coming down.  This is not the sort of weather we are use to in this area.

I do feel very sad about the kind of society we live in now, Facebook was covered in negative remarks about the store being closed and how the colleagues were expected to clear up without being paid.  In truth, the whole incident was dealt with in a safe and efficient manner.  I cannot get my head around the fact that people can't go one day without the local supermarket being open, it's very sad.  I am not a religious person, but I do think that Sundays should be a family day and that all shops should be closed.

Anyway, today's card to one of two sympathy cards that a colleague has asked me to make.  These are always a difficult theme, so I have gone for a white on white with accents of lilac.


Using my Cameo Silhouette and a free cutting file from Birds Cards, I have cut out a floral background from white card stock.  Into the centre of this background, I have cut out a circle aperture in the top centre.

From my computer, I have printed off the sentiment "With Heartfelt Sympathy" onto white card.  The floral background has then been layered onto this using Pinflair glue to give dimension.  Next, this background has been mounted onto lilac Centura Pearl card leaving a small border around the edge.


Again, using my Cameo and another free cutting file from Birds Cards, I have cut out a fancy frame from white card and layered this onto lilac Centra Pearl.


The flower has been made using the Heartfelt Arianna Bloom stamp and die set.  I have stamped onto lilac Centura Pearl with Perfect Medium and heat embossed using Wow Opaque Bright White embossing powder.  Next, this has been cut out using the matching die, shaped and layered to form one flower.  In the centre of this flower, I have add pearl beads using Pinflair glue.

The flower has been placed onto a bow made from lilac organza ribbon.


To finish, I have used Cosmic Shimmer pearl PVA glue around the edge of the card and around the sentiment.  Four flat back pearls have also been placed into each corner of the background.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Digitally 'Sweet' Challenges - White On White
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - Photo Inspiration
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Sentimental Sundays - Decorate Your Card Inside And Out
Love To Scrap Challenge Blog - Running In Circles
Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Anything Goes
Clear It Out Challenge Blog - Embossing (Wet Or Dry) / Embossing Powder
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
{PIN}spirational Challenges - Anything Goes
The Stamping Chef - Anything Goes
Fussy And Fancy Friday Challenge - Bingo (Flowers, Lavander, Message)
Creative Card Crew - Embossing (Wet Or Dry)
Scrapper's Delights Challenge Blog - Anything Goes With Die Cuts
Craft-Dee BowZ - Anything Goes

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment